Thursday, July 1, 2010

Aida, The Garden Fairy

I decided to post a photo of my largest and most complex cross-stitch ever done (to date). I completed this project in 2007, and it took me 3 years to do.

It is Mirabilia's Aida, The Garden Fairy #41 pattern by Nora Corbett, stitched on 32-count (or maybe it was 24-count?) Aida, with DMC floss, Kreinik metallic floss, and Mill Hill beads. I didn't use the recommended linen as I have never worked with it and wasn't sure if I could get my stitches even.

Here's some detail from the garland she is holding... many many beads were used in this pattern, small seed beads, glass beads of leaves and flowers and crystal ones of teardrops.
The next large one I will do of Mirabilia's will be Titania, Queen of the Fairies #38. It took me years to find a copy of this pattern, and I finally did when I visited Nanaimo, B.C. last year. I found it in a small shop called The Stitcher's Muse.

1 comment:

BNS said...

Great photos! It's amazing how much it looks like a painting on the wall. You actually need to stop and think to see the stitches and beads.